Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The 3 Commandments


I enjoy reading wise words. I find that this practice, is one of the things, which keeps me high on energy. I'd like to share 3 quotations that have made quite an impression on me...

Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never - - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - - never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
- Winston Churchill

You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.
-James A. Froude
 
Often people attempt to live their lives backwards, they try to have more things or more money in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are then do what you need to do in order to have what you want.
-Margaret Young