Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Books, books and more books!


Not so very long ago, I thought that I had a condition which entailed not being able to read. The truth of the matter, as I now come to realize it, was that I was looking for a fancy excuse to not have to work on my concentration. Fast forward to a few years later, one of my favorite activities these days is being immersed in the word jungle of the books I choose to read. The experience is just out of the world.

Ernest Holmes' "Science of the Mind" is by far the longest book I've read. It speaks a lot about the law of attraction. I do know that the law of attraction really works. One example - in the past few weeks, a number of my friends have let me borrow their thickest books. You know those books that are not less than 800 pages. And each of them are like,"Jennifer, here, I think you'll really like this book. I'd like to hear what you have to say about it once you are done reading." And me, standing there with my head about to explode with the overwhelming thought of the books that are already piled up in my apartment and also not break this friends heart, am like,"Yeah sure! See you in another lifetime." (Off-course, I didn't really say that.)

Jokes apart, I am grateful to all these wonderful people who so generously share their books with me. I hope that I can get through each one of them soon enough. Because truly, I do think they are interesting, and also not to undermine the fact that shared book experiences are really fun, especially the really thick books.