Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Got a problem? Here's a solution.


It's exam week at the University and so the Student Union's offering free coffee and fruits. I went yesterday in the evening to get myself some coffee. While I was there, another guy (a really big guy) came along to get a fruit - he picked up an apple. Also at the coffee and fruit counter was a student volunteer who was making sure that everything was okay. So this big guy asked the volunteer for a knife to cut the apple. The volunteer didn't have a knife, so he suggested going to the cafe upstairs and asking them. The guy thought for a little while and then really surprised us with what he did next. He placed the apple on the table and said, "I hope you don't mind if I try to crack it open with my fist." ahahahahahaha.... The volunteer was like, "Ummm....Sure, why not! Is it even possible?" Then the big guy did the unimaginable. He started pounding on the apple with his fist. It felt as if the whole earth was shaking. Well, after several big bangs, he didn't crack it open but he did smash the surface of the apple in a way that a little part of the skin just fell off. Then he bit into it. "I have braces," he said, "and am afraid of the apple's skin getting stuck in them." He sure figured out a unique way to solve his problem. Believe me, had he placed the apple on the floor -- the way he was pounding -- he sure would've cracked it into four beautiful pieces.

Moral of the story: Impossible is Nothing!