Sunday, December 4, 2011

13.1


Participated in the MetroPCS White Rock Half Marathon, which happened this (12/04/2011) morning. It is the first of many more to come. I finished in 2:21:22. 

Woke up early this morning with second thoughts about going to the event. Well, obviously the ego was searching for excuses to not have me go. What better excuse than the weather outside; it was cold and wet. On doing a lil' soul-searching my mind became enlightened by an insight shared by Denis Waitley - "The jungle (or weather) is neutral, it is our attitude that determines how we experience it." That was enough, I was going.

Would like to thank one of the crowd-supporters' for her sign. It read as, "Unless you puke, faint or die, there is no excuse for stopping." Really cracked me up and so I waved at her. She waved back. I let the soul-connection sink in as I kept going. This was somewhere around the 5th mile. By the 8th mile, I noticed the voices in my head, asking me to stop, get stronger. Those words from the sign kept me going. Sometimes when there is immense energy involved in a certain endeavor, it seems like strong expressions do serve as being helpful motivators.

The next running event for me will be the Austin 1020, 10 mile run. My training goal will be to improve speed. Run on! :)