Thursday, August 30, 2012

Distance


The sun is filling up the room, and I can hear you dreaming.
Do you feel the way I do? Right now. 
...

Consciously engaging in life makes simple experiences like brewing a cup of tea, or warming a glass of milk, or ordering a latte feel profoundly extraordinary. It is a matter of life or death after all. When I stand in line at the coffee shop on a busy day, am I able to tune into the preciousness of the moment and fully be there? When it is my turn to order the cup of coffee, am I able to look into the eyes of the barista and feel the tenderness of our human experience? Can I hear her dreams, can I see his aspirations, can I let myself be vulnerable enough to dissolve in them? Am I able to wipe away the boundaries I limit myself within and allow our worlds to merge?